![]() |
| Source: uncutmountainsupply.com |
A warm anecdote that I asked the Harkins to share with the parish.
_____
This is a small conversation Mae had with a young boy named Brightman she met playing in the waves at Fernandina Beach; he enthusiastically introduced himself, as Mae relayed to me later, and it struck Rhett and I how much the reality of the Trinity is expressed in our faith and naturally absorbed!
Brightman: “Hello! My name is Brightman…I believe in God. Do you believe in God?”
Mae: “Like Jesus Christ? You know, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?”
Brightman: “Yea!”
Mae: “So, you’re a Christian?”
Brightman: “Oh yea, I’m a BIG Christian.”
Mae: “Me too.”
Haha it was so sweet to me that that was the most natural first conversation for these kids, no agenda, just genuine interest; and that Mae immediately clarified exactly which “God” with the Holy Trinity!
In Christ,
Jenny
